snow

Blogger Widgets Blogspot Tutorial

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

On the Silver Couch: Danai Anesiadou

photo IMG_4538
Artist Danai Anesiadou

Tell us your story of your life in 140ch
Greek, born in Germany, raised in Belgium. Ouroboros style recently rediscovering Greece in the flesh. Worked in and around black boxes, now operating in and around white cubes.

What's the most interesting thing about our era now?
The school literature curriculum of my generation contained quite some Aldous Huxley and George Orwell. Who would have thought that once adults we’d find ourselves being extra’s in the film adaptation of their books. The Industrial and Technological Revolution promised us more time and the right to be lazy without feeling guilty but we’re running after carrots  and they don’t even taste like carrots any more. Dematerialization of money, the reign of shameless stupidity and greed needs no further explanation. Iphone is the new opium, Lady Gaga is the new Grace Jones (?)...I apologize for my scatteredness but we’re living in scattered times. I try to watch the documentary The Century of The Self twice a year and anticipate 21 December 2012. If that fails to save us only martians will.

What would you like to do in 30 years from now?
Well, I’ll be a psicomagician and film producer by then, wearing long kaftans and making ceramics on some Greek island. Fed Ex will be picking them up and bringing me back macrons from Café Pouchkine in Versailles just because I won’t be a diabetic by then and they will have found a pill that cures all. Old and new young and older friends are lounging on silver couches, they have to listen to my wisdoms of course, some dogs too. And a cat. There are no organized xaplostras on the beach blocking my vista. When it gets too hot  I’ll be teleporting myself  to Uranus. The sun will shine. Fed Ex RIP. 

Read in greek via LIFO

No comments: